8.4.08

Good Tunage

After a days rest from this blog, I believe it is time again to share more music. Get pumped!

Our first track is from giant indie pop artist, Death Cab for Cutie. Who doesn't love some Ben Gibbard, whether it's in the form or Death Cab or the Postal Service? I Will Possess Your Heart gives us a taste of their new album, Narrow Stairs, being released in May of this year. There was a rumor that it was leaked, but was it true?

Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart



Also in the indie pop realm of heavenly music is The Submarines from LA. You may have heard them during an episode of Nip/Tuck or Weeds. (I love Weeds)! The Submarines is Sixpense None the Richer meets The Cardigans. They are also my new favorite band of the week! Listen to Sub Symphonika on their myspace page.

The Submarines - You Me and the Bourgeoisie



With light tapping and a two note guitar line, Lykke Li sings Dance Dance Dance with her Stockholm accent. She was featured on Stereogum as Artist To Watch last October.

Lykke Li - Dance Dance Dance



From London comes another artist I'm totally obsessed with. Emmy the Great. I'm not sure if it's her soothing British voice or the fact that she was born in Hong Kong, but I can't stop watching the youtube Black Cab Session of Emma-Lee Moss singing Two Steps Forward.

Emmy the Great - Where Is My Mind



Last is something to get your shoulders shimmyin and booty shakin. All the way from Bretagne, France, Yelle brings the synth and beats. Yelle was one of MTV's featured artists.

Yelle - Ce Jeu (Rogerseventytwo bounce remix)



I apologize for the poor writing today! &leave comments! We love comments!

No comments: