18.5.08

Heading Down Under

With Gina's lack of internet connection and my lack of time, I'm sure you can tell we're not too hot at updating during the summer.

If you've read my post on Sass and Bide, you'll know that I love Australian fashion. And with Steve Irwin (RIP!) and Crocodile Dundee, it's obvious that what comes from down under is tight. The semi-annual Australian Fashion Week kicked off a few weeks ago with over 70 shows in 5 days. The collections are fantastic - angry rocker monocrome with fun brights, but nothing in between. Think Rainbow Brite + the grim reaper, mixed into a wonderful dark and spunky combination. My favorites of the bunch are Life With Bird, Illionaire, Ginger & Smart, Mad Cortes, Michelle Jank, and Sass and Bide, of course! I am still in love with Sass and Bide's amazing shirred black leather leggings, and have finally gotten a pair of black leathers for myself! (not from Sass and Bide though, of course).
[pictures from Coutorture. click to enlarge]

And hows about some Aussie music to get you in the mood.
Cut Copy - Lights and Music (Moulinex Remix)
Cut Copy - Hearts on Fire (Midnight Juggernauts Remix)
The Presets - A New Sky [off their new album Apocalypso]
The Presets - DownDownDown (Digitalism Remix)

Life with Bird




Illionaire




Ginger & Smart




Mad Cortes




Michelle Jank




Sass and Bide






I hope everyone's having a lovely summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The clothes are simply aawwwwwwweeeeeessssssome!

I love the black dress with body paint! I have never seen body painting used as creative as that!

Staci
Sunglasses