24.5.08

The Ting Tings


With a new album out, Ting Tings have been invading tons of blogs, and consequently, my iTunes. The Ting Tings [chinese translation: band stand] have only been together for a little more than a year, but have been voted #3 in BBC's Top Ten to Watch in 2008. Apparently they're even featured in an Apple commercial? Whatever, their indie pop beats make me shake, and that's all that matters to me. I'm thinking CSS + Tegan and Sara + IDON'TKNOW. (My old boss at Frenchkiss Records would ask me to describe music demos and I was never good at it).

You can download the new album [We Started Nothing] here or wait for the CD out June 3rd... or NYCers can catch them at the Bowery Ballroom on June 18th, Boston the 19th.

The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name

The Ting Tings - Great DJ

The Ting Tings - Keep Your Head