19.6.08

Girl Talk's New Album


Girl Talk AKA Greg Gillis released a new album today, Feed the Animals. He decided to go the Radiohead route and is letting you name your own price. If you choose to pay nothing, you have some 'splaining to do. It asks you to give them a good reason for paying zero dollars. Your choices are:

- I may donate later
- I can't afford to pay
- I don't really like Girl Talk
- I don't believe in paying for music
- I have already purchased this album
- I don't value music made from sampling
- I am part of the press, radio, or music industry
- Other reasons

I'm not sure what the other reasons would be, but you can decide for yourself over at Illegal Art.

According to the site, any price grants the download of the entire album as high-quality 320kbps mp3s, $5 or more adds the options of FLAC files, plus a one-file seamless mix of the album, and $10 or more includes all of the above + a packaged CD (when it becomes available)

I've been listening to the album all morning, and it's great. I fell like the mash-ups are much more coherent than on Night Ripper, and they are much more suited to getting your party on. If you want to keep tabs on all of the songs being sampled, there is a track-by-track run down over on Wikipedia. I'm sure that it will continue to be updated as more people listen and dissect the album. Maybe even add in some clips that you heard that no one has picked up on yet!

No comments: