26.7.08

Bollywood with Devendra and Natalie


Devendra Banhart and Natalie Portman could look like a match made in heaven, but who knew Bollywood would enter the equation?

For his single, "Carmensita" of Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon, Banhart released a music video starring himself and girlfriend Natalie Portman in a short Bollywood flick. Like most Bollywood videos, "Carmensita" includes awesome dance moves, a steamy hot male hero, a totally intricate love story, and ...Spanish lyrics?

I grew up watching Bollywood movies past midnight on the multi-asian channel with my mom. Bollywood is no joke to me, and many of my closer friends can confirm that. Which is why this amazing video from Devendra and boo ranks high in my favorites. Which is why you MUST watch it.

Buy his newest album at Amazon.

Devendra Banhart - Now That I Know
Devendra Banhart - I Feel Just Like A Child
Devendra Banhart - Little Yellow Spider

1 comment:

Gina Licata said...

hahahah I love Devendra and his rebellious beard.